Excel is a powerful financial modelling and reporting tool. 300+ Million users. But it also can be a powerful tool for automating time wasters. These tedious data related tasks such as re-keying data from other systems like MYOB or Xero or email, importing or exporting data, automated report creation, highlighting exceptions, highlighting data errors can be highlighted and tailored to your exact needs. I could really go on and on here. Organising data so that the full use of Excel’s advanced features can be made like VBA Excel macros, Power Query, Pivot Tables, Power Pivot and Power BI can really make a difference to your business or job.
- Dashboard for KPIs
- Upload from Excel to your Accounting Packages such as MYOB
- Daily Transactions Audit
- Stock Management
- Staff Anniversary and Birthday schedule for the noticeboard
- Payroll hours entry sheet with analysis checks against Roster
- Payroll processing entry sheet
- Automated staff, supplier & emergency contact list
- Performance Appraisals
- Pivot Table driven reporting
Below is a calculator for you to consider some of your time wasters, which might put them in perspective. It can calculate an estimated hourly cost of one of these time wasters. But it can’t calculate the opportunity cost of the more important work not being done by you or your staff because you haven’t solved these time wasters through better processes or using Excel creatively.