Professional Excel guru level creative & practical spreadsheet solutions such as dashboards, data cleaning, reporting & charting using VBA or Excel macros, Pivot Tables, Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI, UDFs, Excel Tables, Slicers, User Forms, Conditional Formatting & Advanced Formulas such as lookups. Using Excel powerfully is often the X Factor businesses need.
• Maybe you have a lot of data to clean and organise?
• Maybe you need a KPI report with charts or an interactive dashboard up & running quickly?
• Maybe you need a tedious task automated with Excel macros (VBA)?
• Basically I can help you with anything to do with spreadsheets or spreadsheeting...
Perhaps you are a large business that needs to keep a legacy spreadsheet going that has broken or to automate a tedious task like budget or forecast consolidation. Perhaps you are a small business needing functionality urgently that will make a big difference to your business that your other systems can't provide. Excel solutions are used through out business large and small because they work, they can be implemented quickly, they are tailored to your business and these days with the latest Excel versions can be surprisingly powerful.
Common Business problems an Excel Consultant can help you with:
• Identify KPIs & Create interactive dashboards that visualise them
• Create an interactive business model to visualise your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats & develop powerful strategy
• Develop quick & easy ways to create key management reports
• Consolidate, clean and organise messy data from various places
• Analyse & make clear sense of data using interactive features that slice & dice data
• Forecast cash flow or profit
• Automate repetitive & time consulting, costly manual data entry
• Make quotations & ordering more efficient
• Reduce stock inefficiencies with tools that reduce overstocking or understocking
• Provide an Excel solution for more efficient and effective rostering
• Make quotations & ordering more efficient
• Provide an user friendly application tailored to your specific business needs
• Take your existing software reports & manipulate them to be more insightful
• Provide visibility over your logistics chain
• Control your maintenance schedules
• Eliminate data re-entry to accounting & payroll systems
• Exception reporting
Tools of the trade:
• Advanced formulas inc Dynamic Array formulas
• VBA or Excel Macros • Power Query
• Power Pivot • Power BI
• Pivot Tables & Pivot Charts • Tables
• User Forms
• Structured References
• User Defined Functions (UDFs) specific to your industry or task
• Events Handling
• Advanced Filtering
• Advanced formulas e.g. Array, Index / Match, Choose, Array Constants, VLookup, Sumproduct
• Using formulas & VBA code understanding the effects on performance of your spreadsheets
• Custom Ribbon add-in to hold & distribute shortcuts & macros commonly used by your staff
• Automated emailing of spreadsheets
• Google Sheets
• Google Forms
Recent Clients: Idemitsu Australia • Uniquest • Endeavour Foundation • Austin Engineering • Anglo American • bioMérieux • Blue Care • Puma Energy • TransCoal • Toothwise Dental • AGS Commercial • HazellBros • Origin • Hayes Steel • Incon • Bland 2 Brilliant Landscapes • Geo Pressure Systems Intl • Maverick BioSciences • IC Pipes • Harmony Gold (PNG Services) • Urban Asset Solutions • Reward Hospitality
Industries: • Mining • Dental • Aged Care • Engineering • University • Building • Retail Petrol • Not for Profit • Manufacturing • Wholesaling • Workforce Hire • Garment Hire sectors • Civil Engineering • Retail Electricity • Lab • Veterinary • Property • Geological • Paymaster • Hospitality Supply • Maintenance
Whether you are in large business or small business you probably use Excel a lot. But, can you use it like an Excel Pro?
Can you write VBA to automate repetitive work or use Power Query to automate getting the data and transforming it to what you want? Can you write an Excel Application that incorporates automation and a measure of security for error protection or spreadsheet breakage? Maybe you can but are you too busy?
As an Excel Consultant I will help you design what you need fast or as a contractor under your direction, build the applications, tools or just workbooks you can't get around to doing yourself so you can do your job more efficiently, more effectively, more enjoyably, ... AND get home earlier!
Its all about getting stuff done smarter and more efficiently and help you excel in your business life!
I am available on a consulting or contractor basis (with my own ABN No. for Australian clients) or contract employee basis if you have many projects to get done at once or even a part time role.
I am based on the Southern Gold Coast Qld, working with clients on the Gold Coast, the Tweed Coast, Murwillumbah, Lismore and Byron Bay areas NSW, and Yatala, the Logan shire and the greater Brisbane areas QLD, Australia.
I hold a degree in Business BBus(Acctg) QUT and a graduate diploma in applied investment GradDipAppFin (SIA). I started off life as an accountant and progressed to finance, contract and credit management roles in large resource companies like Comalco, BHP & Anglo American which has given me a wealth of broad business experience. I also part owned my own highly successful dental practice (my wife is a dentist) for over 10 years, employing staff, payrolls, BAS Returns etc., so I also understand the needs of small business.